Monday, March 21, 2005

Wonderings by Lori Morse

I am not ready.
distracted by my own circumstances,
by life as it is, by inner thoughts, outer influences of this chaotic, fleshly town...
If you road in on that donkey
today, in my time,
I think I would be on the side of the road.
Watching others welcome you,
Palm branches waving,
waving not.
Hosannas ringing in my ears,
shouting not.

I do not feel clean.
Jesus, will you wash me this week?
As Peter exclaimed, " not only my feet, but my hands and head as well!"
Holy Spirit will you whisper and call me...
Make me ready to embrace once again
Your offering to me,
Your suffering for me,
Your power of LOVE for me.
I wish my heart to connect not only with how you died,
but mostly...
that YOU LIVE!

by Lori Morse
Scripture references:
Matt. 21:4-11
John 13:3-17