Monday, March 21, 2005

Poem by Edwin Zane

My life
I can’t believe what I’m seeing
I forsaken my savior and still I need healing
Can’t comprehend
All of the pain that I caused
I am scared and amazed of all the joy that I lost

My eyes they are closed
Mad cuz I ain’t sleepin
I open my mouth
Hurt cuz I ain’t speaking
I feel like a bastard
Cuz I served a new master
Confusion gets faster
And I don’t have an answer
And lord did I fail you
After all that we had
When I want to admit
It felt good to be bad?

I run not walk
to the cross that you laid
I open my heart
And I start to pray

I’m Sorry

Oh my Lord
Why do you think I confessed
All the pain and suffering my heart need to profess
And it’s late
There’s not a soul I can call
And darkness invades and I just hit the wall

Lord I question the hurting
Why you gave me this burden
Don’t want to challenge the kingdom
Don’t want to mock at your wisdom
I can not begin to move mountains
I don’t know how to part oceans
I can not topple the nations
But I can make dedication
Sick and tired of sinning
Giving myself to the living
Want to stop the spinning
Cuz the devil keep winning
I run not walk
to the cross that you laid
I open my heart
And I start to pray

I’m Sorry

I want your strength in me
I want your lasting joy
I want the pain to end
So forgive me so I can start over again

I’m Sorry… I’m Sorry